OHA Hockey Club takes its name from Old Hobartians Association - derived from the Hobart High School which was in Letitia St. (later Hobart Matric & now a funeral home).
OHA Hockey started in 1936 for Men and 1929 for Women 6 Australian Hockey Representatives have also played for OHA Partially as a result of this history, OHA is a highly successful club both on and off the field OHA is the largest hockey club in Tasmania with 28 senior and junior teams.
Off the field, OHA is known for its club spirit, mateship and loyalty. Our club has a strong volunteer committee, which controls the administration and management of club issues and finances. Our junior development program is acknowledged as one of the leading within the state.